Borough Broth 24hr Organic Beef Bone Broth 324g
Let's Get to The Bones of The Matter.
We believe in doing things right: the best organic ingredients make the best organic broth. And we think a daily dose of broth does a whole lot of good, inside and out. Our nourishing recipes are always cooked low and slow to go. In fact, we simmer them for a whole 24 hours so you don't have to. For us, it's time well spent to make you feel well fed.
Here at Borough Broth Co., we make sustainably sourced, free-range and organic bone broths with the finest ingredients in the UK. This broth has been simmered for 24 hours in our London kitchen, so that you can enjoy all the benefits of slow food, fast.
Organic, Great taste 2017, High in protein, Slow-cooked for 24 hours, This pack typically contains 3.5g of collagen, BPA Free
Find recipes online, on social, or email email@example.com
Keep Refrigerated; Suitable for Home Freezing
Hob - From Chilled. Pour into a pan. Bring to the boil until piping hot.; Microwave - From Chilled. Pour into a microwaveable bowl or mug. 5 mins at 900W, stir halfway through. Ensure broth is piping hot. Leave for 1 minute before sipping.
Preparation and Usage
Hob instructions: Bring to the boil until piping hot. Our broth is good enough to sip straight from a mug or you can use it as a stock in your home cooking.
Microwave instructions: Microwaves vary, these are guidelines only. Pour into a microwavable bowl or mug. Microwave at 900W for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Ensure broth is piping hot. Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.
May contain traces of Peanuts and Tree Nuts
6 Fairway Drive,
Return To Address
6 Fairway Drive,
Pack - Recycle with bags at large supermarket - Don't recycle at home
If bought chilled: Refrigerate and enjoy before use by date. Suitable for freezing on day of purchase for up to 6 months.
If bought frozen: Store in freezer. To eat, defrost fully in the fridge and use within 10 days. Do not refreeze after defrosting.
Once opened, seal and refrigerate and use within 5 days.
EU Organic - GB-ORG-05, EU/Non-EU Agriculture, UK/Non-UK Agriculture
Certified B Corporation - B corp: We're proud to be a certified b corporation, meaning we're part of a community of businesses with the highest verifiable social and environmental standards at heart.
Classic Bolognese enriched with Borough Broth Co. Grass Fed Organic Beef Broth
Bolognese perfected with the help of Borough Broth Co. Grass-fed Organic Beef Bone Broth.
Serves: 4 people
Time: 1 hour (or longer to simmer if you have time)
* indicates optional ingredients
2 tsp fat (olive oil/ghee/tallow/rapeseed oil)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large onions, finely diced
400g of mince beef
1 x 400g tomatoes (chopped or whole is fine)
5 whole fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 pouch of Borough Broth Co. Grass Fed Organic Beef Bone Broth.
*splash of red wine
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
generous pinch of sea salt
good helping of cracked black pepper
1. Heat a large cast iron pan on a medium heat and add the fat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook down until the onions are translucent.
3. Once cooked through, add the mince and fry it off until it's mostly browned.
4. Now add the tomatoes both tinned and fresh, beef bone broth, wine, herbs and seasoning.
5. Give it a stir, turn the heat to low and pop the lid on.
6. Let the contents simmer on a low heat, stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes to an hour. The end result should be a dark red sauce with very little residual liquid. It'll last about 5 days in the fridge and is best enjoyed with pasta (obviously!)
Borough Broth Co. French Onion Soup
Recreate this classic French dish with little fuss using Borough Broth Co's Organic Grass-Fed Beef Broth as a base.
* indicates optional ingredients
2 onions - sliced into rings approx 1mm thick
3 cloves of garlic crushed
100ml filtered water
2 tbsp plain flour (gluten free options work just as well)
*100ml wine (white or red)
Thyme (2 tsp dried or 2 springs of fresh thyme leaves)
2 pouches of Borough Broth Co. Grass-Fed Organic Beef Bone Broth
*1/4 tsp sea salt
*Generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper
2 thick slices of bread (slightly stale works well)
50g Gruyere cheese sliced (cheddar will work)
Generous shaving of parmesan cheese
1. Heat up the butter in a large heavy based pan on a low-medium heat. Once foaming, add the onions in a single layer.
2. Keep the heat low as the onions start to slowly cook. You barely want the pan to make a noise and after 20 minutes the onions should still be slightly tender and turning translucent.
3. Stir the onions and be patient. It might take a further 20 minutes before they start to colour. Stir them every 5 minutes then leave them to slowly caramelise. The key is to ensure they cook through and become soft and sweet without crisping up.
4. After around 40-50 minutes, the pan should be almost dry and the onions should be a deep brown. Add the garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring.
5. At this point turn up the heat to medium high and add the water. Reduce until the onions are wilted and cooked down into a soft sticky mess.
6. At this point stir the flour into the onion mix to cook it off.
7. Then add the wine - again you want a sizzle. Reduce the wine down until it's almost completely evaporated, then add the thyme, broth and salt and pepper. The soup can simmer away for a further 20 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
8. Meanwhile, slice the bread and toast it.
9. When ready to serve turn the grill to maximum. Prepare the crouton by layering the gruyere and parmesan on the toasted bread. Place under the grill, keeping a close eye on it to ensure it browns but doesn't burn.
10. Serve the soup in two bowls, garnish with the cheesy croutons and enjoy.
May Contain Peanuts, May Contain Tree Nuts
Spring Water, Bones* (Beef Bones* [38%] & Chicken Bones* [2%]) (40%), Carrots*, Onions*, Apple Cider Vinegar*, Black Peppercorns*, Pink Himalayan Salt, Thyme*, Bay Leaves*, (*Signifies organic ingredient)
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
|Collagen content: 1.1g per 100g / 3.5g per 324g
|This pack contains one 324g serving
While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label. Zoom by Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Zoom by Ocado's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.