Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour 1kg
Suitable for vegans
Plain white flour
Organic - this general purpose white flour is milled from soft wheat varieties
'We are passionate about home baking and also believe that what we eat today will effect our health tomorrow. As well as being a satisfying and rewarding activity, when you bake at home you can select the best quality, local and seasonal ingredients, and be certain of what has gone into your food. You and your family will enjoy great tasting home made food. We often double our recipe and when baked, freeze half to eat at a later date.
'In our mill we make a large range of flours from many different natural grains, beans & seeds without adding refined gluten or enzymes. We blend specific grain varieties to ensure that the resulting flour has the optimum characteristic for the type of baking it will be used for. This means soft wheat varieties for cakes, pastry and sauces or stronger hard wheat for bread making flours. The more unusual flours have distinctive characters and applications of their own. If you are on a special diet look out for those flours that suit your situation.
'We set up Doves Farm Foods to mill the organic grain we grow on our farm. As organic farmers, and like colleagues around the world, we follow international organic rules and are pleased that the standards do not permit genetic engineering. We rotate crops, grassland and livestock to develop natural soil fertility and to help wildlife conservation.'
At Doves Farm we make biscuits, cookies and a large range of bread, cake and speciality flours.
Clare & Michael, Doves Farm.
Packaging Material: Paper
Soil Association Organic (Organic certification UK5)
Organic works with nature and helps protect our planet. Its high standards encourage healthy soil and habitats, so bees, birds, butterflies and other wildlife can flourish. That's why we've been pioneers of organic since 1978.
We also love home baking and believe it is a great choice for our health and wellbeing. Not only can you pick the best local and seasonal ingredients and know exactly what goes into your food, it is an enjoyable activity and a great way to treat family and friends.
Clare & Michael
Founders, Doves Farm
Organic, Expertly milled, fine white organic flour for pastry, scones, pancakes and sauces, Kosher - KLBD, Parve
Find more than 200 delicious recipes at dovesfarm.co.uk
We are so pleased you've chosen to bake with our organic flour! For hundreds of delicious recipes visit us at dovesfarm.co.uk
To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
To make the best pastry mix the fat and flour together briskly, quickly add the water and bring the dough together. Butter makes delicious pastry but it also is possible to use margarine, vegetable fat or lard. Use this flour for the following kids of pastry.
Easy to make and versatile this shortcrust pastry can be used with a wide variety of sweet and savoury fillings.
Oven according to your recipe
200/8oz Plain White Flour
3tbsp Cold water
1. Using a fork mash the butter into the flour until it has the appearance of breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in the water and bring the pastry together into a ball of dough.
3. Roll the pastry out on a floured surface or between two pieces of cling film. Or simply press the pastry into a 25cm/9" baking dish using your fingers.
4. Cut away any pastry that hangs over the edge of your dish and bake according to your recipe.
This traditional sweet pastry is usually baked before adding a filling and baking again.
Oven 190°C/Fan 170°C/375°F/ Gas 5
100g/4oz Plain White Flour
50g/2oz Softened butter
50g/2oz Caster sugar
2 Egg yolks
Greaseproof or parchment
1. Mix together the flour, butter and sugar until they resemble breadcrumbs.
2. Add egg, bring together into a dough.
3. To bake 'blind', press pastry into an oiled 23cm/9" flan dish. Place a circle of greaseproof on the pastry and cover with baking beans.
4. Bake in a pre heated oven for about 15/20 minutes.
5. Remove greaseproof and beans before adding a filling according to your recipe.
Hot Water Pastry
300g/12oz Plain White Flour
1. Roughly mix together the flour, salt and egg.
2. Place the water and butter in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Stir the liquid into flour mixture and bring together into a ball of dough.
4. Press two thirds of the pastry into your pie dish and roll out the remainder to form the lid.
5. When you have filled the pie, brush the rim of the pastry base with water, lay the lid on top and press to seal the edges.
6. Bake as per your recipe.
50g/2oz Plain White Flour
To taste Salt & pepper
1. Gently heat the butter, flour and milk in a saucepan stirring all the time.
2. Continue stirring as the sauce thickens and bring to the boil to cook.
3. Add seasoning to taste.
Contains: gluten (naturally present in wheat)
Recipe - No Nuts
Ingredients - No Nuts
Factory - UK Flour mill: no nuts
Preparation and Usage
Try this Organic Plain White Flour in our recipe for classic plain scones, perfect served with clotted cream and jam as part of your afternoon tea.
Always cook flour before consumption.
May contain traces of Barley, Rye.
Doves Farm Foods Ltd.,
Return To Address
Doves Farm Foods Ltd.,
Full Product Name:
Organic plain white flour
Best before: see top.
Roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
Packaging material: paper.
EU Organic - GB-BIO-142, EU/non EU agriculture
Soil Association Organic - GB-ORG-05, UK/non UK agriculture
Plain Scones - Makes 6-8
220°C, Fan 200 °C, 425°F, Gas 7
200g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
4 tbsp Baking powder
1 tbsp Sugar
Flour, for dusting
Milk, for brushing
1. Dust a large baking tray with flour and pre-heat the oven.
2. Measure the flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir to combine and sieve into a mixing bowl.
3. Stir the sugar into the bowl.
4. Add the butter and using a fork, blend everything together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
5. Pour most of the milk into the bowl and stir to form a soft slightly sticky dough. If this does not happen easily add the remaining milk.
6. Gather together the dough to form a soft, slightly sticky, mass.
7. Lightly dust the work top with flour, place the dough in the middle and lightly dust the top with flour.
8. Gently flatten the dough with your hands to 3cm/1/4" thick.
9. Press a round pastry cutter or upturned coffee cup into the dough to cut out circles.
10. Gather the off-cuts into ball of dough, gently flatten and cut out further circles.
11. Brush the top of the scones with some milk.
12. Lift the dough circles onto the prepared baking tray.
13. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
14. Transfer the scones to a wire rack to cool.
May Contain Barley, May Contain Rye, Contains Wheat
Flour (Wheat*, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Thiamine, Niacin), *Organic produce
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label. Zoom by Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Zoom by Ocado's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.