Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour 1.5kg
Save 15%, Was £3.20
Save 49p when you order by 3rd October 2023. Subject to availability.
£2.71 £1.80 per kg
You save: 49p (15%)
Milled from strong hard wheat and sieved to make a fine wheat bread flour. Ideal for use in bread machines, for oven baked yeast cookery and profiteroles.
Organic works with nature and helps protect our planet. Its high standards encourage healthy soil and habitats, so bees, birds, butterflies and other wildlife can flourish. That's why we've been pioneers of organic since 1978.
We also love home baking and believe it is a great choice for our health and wellbeing. Not only can you pick the best local and seasonal ingredients and know exactly what goes into your food, it is an enjoyable activity and a great way to treat family and friends.
Clare & Michael
Founders, Doves Farm
Organic, Perfectly milled, organic, white flour ideal for bread making, rolls and sourdoughs, Kosher - KLBD, Parve
Find more than 200 delicious recipes at dovesfarm.co.uk
We are so pleased you've chosen to bake with our organic flour! For hundreds of delicious recipes visit us at dovesfarm.co.uk
To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
Contains: gluten (naturally present in wheat)
Recipe - No nuts
Ingredients - No nuts
Factory - UK Flour mill: no nuts
Preparation and Usage
Always cook flour before consumption.
May contain traces of Barley, Rye.
Doves Farm Foods Ltd,
Return To Address
Doves Farm Foods Ltd,
Facebook Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram @dovesfarm
Full Product Name:
Organic Strong White Bread Flour
Best before: see top.
Roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
Milled in the UK with EU & Non-EU wheat
EU Organic - GB-ORG-05, EU/non-EU Agriculture
Packaging material: paper.
Try this Organic Strong White Bread Flour in our recipe for traditional white bread, a classic sandwich loaf that is a must-have recipe in any baker's repertoire.
Traditional White Bread
220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
500g Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour
1 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
325ml Tepid water
1 tbsp Oil
Oil, for tin
1. Rub some oil around the inside of a 1kg/2lb bread tin.
2. Put the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt into a large bowl and blend them together.
3. Stir in the water, and when everything looks craggy and lumpy, stir in the oil.
4. Using your hands, gather everything together into a doughy mass.
5. Knead the dough in the bowl, or on a work surface, for 100 presses. Avoid adding flour.
6. Cover the dough bowl with a large upturned mixing bowl and leave it in a warm place for the dough to double in size, which will take about an hour.
7. Knead the dough for another 100 presses.
8. Shape the dough and put it into the prepared tin.
9. Cover the tin with a large upturned mixing bowl and leave it to rise in a warm place for 40 minutes.
10. Pre-heat the oven.
11. Remove the mixing bowl and bake for 40-45 minutes.
12. Turn the bread out of the tin, tap the base and if it sounds hollow, the bread is cooked.
13. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
May Contain Barley, May Contain Rye, Contains Wheat
Flour (Wheat*, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Thiamine, Niacin), Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), *Organic produce
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.3g|
|of which sugars||0.3g|