Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Flour 1kg
Organic fine plain English wholemeal flour.
Stone ground very finely from soft English wheat grain. This 100% wholemeal flour is ideal for general use, light wholemeal cakes, pastry and sauces.
Organic works with nature and helps protect our planet. Its high standards encourage healthy soil and habitats, so bees, birds, butterflies and other wildlife can flourish. That's why we've been pioneers of organic since 1978.
We also love home baking and believe it is a great choice for our health and wellbeing. Not only can you pick the best local and seasonal ingredients and know exactly what goes into your food, it is an enjoyable activity and a great way to treat family and friends.
Clare & Michael
Founders, Doves Farm
Organic, Finely milled, stoneground organic English flour for wholemeal pastries, biscuits, scones and sauces, Kosher - KLBD, Parve
Find more than 200 delicious recipes at dovesfarm.co.uk
We are so pleased you've chosen to bake with our organic flour! For hundreds of delicious recipes visit us at dovesfarm.co.uk
To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
Contains: gluten (naturally present in wheat)
Recipe - No nuts
Ingredients - No nuts
Factory - UK Flour mill: no nuts
Preparation and Usage
Always cook flour before consumption.
May contain traces of Barley, Rye.
Country of Origin
Doves Farm Foods Ltd,
Return To Address
Doves Farm Foods Ltd,
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram @dovesfarm
Full Product Name:
Organic Fine Plain English Wholemeal Flour
Best before: see top.
Roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
Grown & milled in the UK
EU Organic - GB-ORG-05, UK Agriculture
Packaging material: paper.
Try this Organic Fine Plain Wholemeal Flour in our recipe for comforting cheese scones, a delicious savoury alternative to classic scones, best made with mature cheddar.
Cheese Scones - Makes 8
Oven 220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
200g Doves Farm Organic Fine Plain Wholemeal Flour
1 tbsp Baking powder
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
100g Cheddar, grated Flour, for dusting
1. Dust a large baking tray with a little flour and pre-heat the oven.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl, add the sugar, salt, and pepper and blend together well.
3. Add the butter to the bowl and using a fork, blend everything together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the milk then use your hands to bring together a soft mass of dough.
5. Set aside a spoon of the grated cheese and knead the rest into the dough.
6. Lightly dust the worktop with flour, place the dough in the middle and gently flatten, with your hands, until 3cm/1 1/4" thick.
7. Scatter the reserved cheese on the top of the dough.
8. Cut the dough into triangles and lift them on to the prepared baking tray.
9. Bake for 12-18 minutes depending on the size of the triangles.
10. Transfer the scones to a wire rack to cool.
May Contain Barley, May Contain Rye, Contains Wheat
Wheat*, *Organic produce
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.4g|
|of which sugars||0.5g|