Salad of crisp Packington Pork belly, little gem hearts, rocket, pear and blue cheese dressing
Packington Pork belly slices 450g
1lt Chicken stock
4 Heads of little gem hearts
50g Blue cheese – Cropwell Bishop Stilton
100ml Whipping cream
1. Bring the chicken stock in a pan up to the boil, reduce the heat so it is just simmering. Add the Packington Pork belly slices.
2. Cook for 1.5 hours over a gentle heat.
3. Break the little gem hearts into individual leaves and wash in cold fresh water, drain well.
4. Add 25g of the blue cheese to a blender along with the cream. Blend until smooth.
5. Core and finely slice the pear, add to a mixing bowl, along with the little gem hearts, rocket, remaining blue cheese, and the blue cheese dressing. Toss the salad together.
6. Remove the Packington Pork belly pieces from the chicken stock and drain on kitchen paper.
7. In a frying pan add a little oil and heat up. Place the Packington Pork belly pieces to the pan and cook until golden and crisp.
8. To serve place the salad in a bowl, arrange the Packington Pork belly pieces on top and sprinkle with finely chopped chives.