Cola glazed Packington pulled pork, chilli corn & watercress
1 x Pork boneless mini shoulder joint 800g
200ml Tomato ketchup
50g Soft brown sugar
5g Smoked paprika
2 x Corn on the cob
1 x Red chilli
10ml Olive oil
1. In a large bowl whisk together the cola, ketchup, sugar and smoked paprika.
2. Smoother the Packington Pork shoulder joint in half of the cola marinade and leave in a fridge to marinate for at least 12 hours.
3. Peel and cut the onion into large pieces and place into a roasting tray, place the marinated Packington Pork shoulder joint on top. Pour a pint of water into the bottom of the tray.
4. Place the Packington Pork shoulder joint into an oven that has been pre heated to 160oc and cook for 3 hours or until the meat is soft enough to be pulled using a fork.
5. Top and tail the red chilli, cut in half length ways and using a sharp knife remove the seeds, and then roughly chop until fine, place into a mixing bowl.
6. Roughly chop the coriander leaves and add to the bowl with the chilli and then add the olive oil. Mix well together.
7. Cut the corns in half and add to the mixing bowl, mix well and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
8. Either cook the corn in a hot oven or on a griddle pan, turning continuously until the corn is golden and the kernels soft.
9. Remove the Packington Pork shoulder from the oven. Carefully remove any fat from the shoulder and then using 2 forks pull the meat so that it is shredded and the cooked onion is incorporated, mix in half of the remaining cola glaze.
10. To serve place the pulled Packington Pork onto a plate, place the corn to the side, with the remaining cola glaze in a dip pot and garnished with the watercress.